Monday, February 11, 2013

No laptops for children: Good or Bad?

  I recently read a post called "the end of "digital education revolution" written by Darcy Moore. It talks about the Australian government decided to rollout laptops on campus. He is quite disappointed with it. Here is what he said about this thing.

   And also I read the comments of this posts, most of them are in favor of the author, thinking it is inappropriate to rollout laptops from campus. One parent just said: "how can you just stop supplying laptops next year to some kids while others have them”.
    
   Actually, I feel a little surprised because in China parents tend to keep their children away from computers because children, who in general lack self-discipline, are easy to indulged in the computer games. This may lead to serious consequences: be bad for eyes and have effect in their schooling.

   It is true that with technology can help students study. I myself have acquired the benefits from advanced computer technology. But does it necessary for students to own laptops in school? Will lack of them influence their study? I do not really think so.


   

1 comment:

  1. I think you meant to say that the comments showed that the commentators feel that to stop the roll out is wrong. They would like to continue having the school supply computers for use by students.

    ReplyDelete