Monday, February 25, 2013

Twitter and teacher

   I have read two articles that enlightens me in using twitter in teaching. The first one is 6 best twitter tips every teacher should know. Here is a picture showing the six practices.

  
   There are two points in this I think is of great importance for teachers. First, having conversation with follow fans. Although using a new form of teaching, teacher should always keep in mind that communication and interaction with students is are one of the main sources for students to learn. And the second one is being as concise as possible in wording and length so that followers can have something to add and share. It is just like in the classroom, teacher's lecture all the time can make students feel tired and boring. Teachers should give students space to think, to react and to create. 

    The other article I read about twitter and teaching is  A must have guide on using twitter in your classroom.  Through reading the articles, I feel like one of the salient advantage of using twitter in teaching is that it makes it much more convenient for teachers and students to communicate both academically and socially. I am,as a students, always afraid of missing something important messages about the course such as class cancelled, change of the syllabus or the deadline. Actually I did miss some of these this semester. If teacher can twit to us, the chance will be lower I think. And also, since I studied in here, I found that talking with professors can be really hard. But with twitter, it becomes much easier. Even if the professor is to busy to answer the question, other followers who see the question may answer that as well.

  Through a few weeks' learning, I am surprised to find that almost all the new technologies, especially the internet tools can be used in teaching. It is really a revolution!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the educational revolution! Although not everyone is participating yet, it won't be long before tech tool become more commonplace.

    ReplyDelete