Monday, February 4, 2013

Old fashion? No way!



  Two videos above represent a revolutionary view of technologies which shed light to my language teaching.
  The form of the former video really impressed me: the contrast. It compares what education used to be in New Brunswick with what education should be in the future.What makes this contrast stronger is the pictures and animations. They leave me an impression that technology really change the way of education. At least when I myself see the video, I cannot wait to apply the technology used in the video to my own teaching.
  About the content, This video is quite provoking. It is true that education must be adapted to the change of world, especially for language teaching I think. Language itself has such aspects as reading, writing, speaking, listening, which to some extent requires multi-technologies so that students can have all aspects practiced. What is more, the development of technology "ensmall" the world, which makes it convenient for language learners to contact with native speakers and native cultures.
  The latter one is an overview of how social media online changed our lives offline by showing real statistics. I was surprised to realize that such social media has subtly influenced us so much. It influences us on schooling, business, even our marriages. So it came to me that social media can also be a way of language teaching. Actually, we are using it now, like posting blogs and commenting.
  In a word, the two videos confirmed me of applying technologies to my own teaching. It makes teaching tempting and learning interesting! Still teaching in a old-fashion way? Still forcing students to carry tons of books to school? No WAY! Change of the world, Change of education.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ying. Your article has a really good title, so I am here.
    I really like your statement " Still forcing students to carry tons of books to school? No WAY! Change of the world, Change of education.
    ". It reminds me of the time when I was a student in junior middle school. I had to take so many books to school everyday, it was really a misery. If students can only take a kindle pad or something like that to school every day, how happy they will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new word that you coined "ensmall." We could probably use "shrink", but "ensmall" is innovative. I wonder if it will catch on. :-)

    ReplyDelete