Monday, March 4, 2013

Darfur is Dying

  Darfur is Dying is more like an RPG game for gamers to experience what you can experience in a third world refugee, in my opinion. It is more like cultural game than L2 learning game. I played it for just twice because everytime my characters died, I feel really sad especially when they are only kids. The two dimension cartoon of the game is coarse, but it does not effect its shock on my heart.
  If I would use this game in my teaching I would like to let my students write a reflection of the game, that is to say my teaching objectives is more on writing aspect and thoughts sharing. The assessment is obvious that I will first let them discuss with their peers and then collect their writings and give them feedback.



1 comment:

  1. I think that your reaction to the game is exactly what the designers wanted. The purpose of many serious games is to give the players a vicarious experience and to have them think about how to remedy grave world problems.

    ReplyDelete